By entering Make Your Mark in Melbourne Street Art Competition
, you agree to the following conditions:
- The organiser of this competition is Visit Victoria.
- All information on 'how to enter' forms part of these terms and conditions. By entering into these terms and conditions you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- The organiser may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entry to the competition is only open to Malaysian artists.
- An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation.
- All entrants must be aged 21 years and above to enter this competition.
- To enter the competition, you must:
- Submit a digital artwork that you would like to create at the street art competition. (Please see No. 13 "Live Art Creation"). Artwork is not limited to a particular street art style - it can include oil-paint, spray paint, charcoal, crayons, marker or watercolour.
- Artwork will be based on six (6) Melbourne-related themes:
Melbourne being place as a sports mad state, here are the many sports that are quite possibly the best in the world to be a sporting spectator:
Australian Open - The Grand Slam of Asia-Pacific , 2017 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix, Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach, Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race, Spring Racing Carnival
From colourful flower shows to fashion festival, there’s always something exciting happening in Melbourne. Here are some of the major festivals and special events throughout the year:
Major Events/Festivals: Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival, Melbourne Food and Wine Festival, Great Ocean Road Running Festival, Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show, Melbourne Spring Fashion Week, Melbourne Cup
The ever expanding arts and culture scene in Melbourne, from art galleries, to museums, Melbourne is a region in love with the arts:
Creative Industries and The Arts: Hidden Laneways and Arcades, Street Art, Victorian Architecture, Art Centre Spire, Australian Centre for Moving Image (ACMI) , National Gallery of Victoria St Kilda, Melbourne Winter Masterpieces: Van Gogh and the Seasons, Colourful Precincts eg St Kilda, Fitzroy
Eat and drink your way through Melbourne, from the renowned wineries to scenic riverside eateries, such as:
Epicurean Experiences: Melbourne Food and Wine Festival, Caffeinate in Style, Coffee Culture in Melbourne, High Country Harvest, Grampians Grape Grazing, Yarra Valley Gourmet Trails (vineyards), Paddock to Plate experiences in Mornington Peninsula
Melbourne is well known for the diverse natural landscapes and wildlife, as you travel, you would come across many natural inhabitant as you go, as such:
Natural Experiences: 12 Apostles, The Great Ocean Walk, The Great Ocean Road, Grampians National Park, Wilson Promontory, Victoria’s Snowfields, Phillip Island Penguins
Melbourne is filled with department stores, flagship stores of edgy Victorian designers to discover, such as:
Design, Fashion and Shopping: Colourful Precincts eg Gertrude St in Fitzroy, Chapel St in South Yarra, Little Collins St in MEL CBD, Markets (Queen Victoria Market, Rose St Market, St Kilda Sunday Market, South Melbourne Market etc), Spring Racing Fashion (fashionable hats)
- All artwork submissions should be JPEG format in 300dpi resolution.
- Artwork submission deadline would be 7 April 2017, Friday by 5:00pm. Any entry received after the expiry date of the submission period will be deemed invalid.
- Submit your entry with a maximum 50 word description, your name, email address, contact number, and profile/CV via www.makeyourmarkinmelbourne.com
- All entries become the property of the organiser and will not be returned to the entrants.
- To be eligible for a prize, your entry must only include material created by you and not a copy of anyone else's copyrighted material. (If your image infringes upon another's copyright it will be disqualified.) Upon submitting your artwork, to this competition, you are solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted materials.
LIVE ARTWORK CREATION
- Top 10 finalists will be notified via phone or email by 12 April to 13 April 2017.
- Finalists are required to attend briefing on 15 April 2017 (Saturday).
- Finalists are required to attend the grand finale event on 26 April 2017 (Wednesday) at Publika Shopping Gallery, The Square.
- The live artwork starts from 15 April 2017 to 18 April 2017 at Publika Shopping Gallery, The Square.
- Finalists are required to attend the prize ceremony on 26th April 2017 at Publika Shopping Gallery, The Square.
The grand prize winner will receive an all-expenses paid trip:
- Return airtickets from Melbourne (valid travel insurance is required for the duration of trip at winner’s expense)
- Five (5) days trip to Melbourne (2N) and Benalla (3N) to participate in Wall To Wall Festival Benalla 2018 sometime in March 2018.
- The opportunity for the winner to visit Juddy Roller / Everfresh Studio in Fitzroy.
- The opportunity of experiencing a street art walking tour in Fitzroy and Melbourne City.
The grand prize winner must comply with any third party terms and conditions relevant to the prize e.g. in relation to any airfares, accommodation, and/or tickets as applicable.
The organiser shall not be responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the prize. The winner is responsible for all costs associated with using the prize including (if applicable) travel and/or transfer costs, expenses with respect to food and beverages, travel and medical insurance costs.
The Wall To Wall Festival Benalla 2018 will be held sometime in March 2018. The winner must comply with the terms and attend the Festival once the dates are confirmed. The winner must be able to paint a 1-2 storey height wall at Wall To Wall Benalla 2018. If the winner is not able to attend the trip on that date, the promoter may determine another winner in its discretion.
No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
You warrant that:
- All details provided with your entry are true and accurate.
- You have all the necessary rights to grant the organiser the rights granted under these Terms and Conditions.
- Use of your entry by the organiser, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, will not infringe the rights of any thirds parties.
You acknowledge that the organiser is under no obligation to use your entry, and any reproduction and/or communication of your entry to the public by the organiser (in accordance with these Terms and Conditions) is at the complete discretion of the organiser.
The grand prize winner grants the organiser a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of the artwork on any platform and in the marketing of the competition to the general public.
Finalists are allowed to claim ownership of their artwork during the competition inclusive of consolation prizes.
To the full extent permitted by the law, the promoter will not be liable for any death, injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit and the prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by any third party.